University of Bologna
Deadline: March 29/April 30, 2019 (annual)
Study in: Italy
Courses start in September 2019
Brief description :
The University of Bologna grants scholarships and full exemption from tuition fees to deserving international students who wish to enrol in undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate programmes at the University of Bologna for A.Y. 2019/2020.
University of Bologna, Italy
Field(s) of study:
Undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate programs offered at the University.
Number of scholarships:
– 5 scholarships worth €11,059 each (Unibo action 2) and total exemption from tuition fees for a total amount of €20,000 (Unibo action 1) for undergraduate and single cycle programmes.
– 20 scholarships worth €11,059 each (Unibo share 2) and total exemption from tuition fees for a total amount of €100,000 (Unibo share 1) for graduate programmes
Target group :
Foreign students whose qualifications have been obtained in an institution outside the Italian educational system, regardless of their nationality.
Value/duration of the scholarship:
Each Unibo Action 2 scholarship is awarded for one academic year only and amounts to a total of €11,059, gross of all costs on behalf of the beneficiary.
Each Unibo Action 1 waiver is granted for one academic year only. Students who benefit from these exemptions must pay €157.64 in regional taxes, the tax stamp and the insurance premium (amount subject to change).
The application is open only to candidates who:
1. have the qualifications required for admission to the chosen first or second cycle or single cycle study programme, issued by an institution outside the Italian educational system or in an Italian institute outside Italy, after at least two years of study. If the qualification for admission is a one-year qualification, the prior qualification will also be taken into account. Diplomas awarded by institutions in the Republic of San Marino do not fulfil this requirement. The applicant’s citizenship is not taken into account;
2) meet the admission requirements for the chosen program of study or meet these requirements at the time of enrolment;
3) are not current students of the University of Bologna for undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate programmes. Important! Students are not considered to be students if their student career (undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate) ended in the A.Y. 2017-18 period, for any reason whatsoever. Withdrawals from studies must have been made before the publication of this call;
4) have not already benefited from the Unibo Action 2 scholarship or the Unibo Action 1 derogation;
5) are not 30 years of age or older on the closing date of this call.
Application instructions :
Applications must be submitted no later than 29 March 2019 (second cycle programmes) or 30 April 2019 (first or third cycle programmes), exclusively through Studenti Online, as explained in the call for applications.
It is important to read the 2019/20 (GRE) or 2019/20 (SAT) call for applications and visit the official website (link below) to access the online application system and for detailed information on how to apply for this award.